Lexicon: history of braiding
- First document of hair braiding was written 4000 years ago in China.
- First construction of a braiding machine wasn´t done before the 18. century, basic of document from Weber Partenheimer.
- One of the first patents of braiding machine is from the year 1748, braiding of textile material. (Thomas Walford - England).
- The first braiding machine out of iron was developed by Johann Bockmühl, Wuppertal - Germany.
- Worldwide are approx. 4250 machines/decks in production with quite big technology differences. Turning of machine is done by people untilfrequence or servo motor drive systems. To produce pressure reinforced braid for the hydraulic hose application, the process is computer controlled.